20150123

Ronit Baranga a sculptor

My name is Ronit Baranga and I am a sculptor. In the following series of works, I sculpted human mouths and fingers emerging from tableware. The blurred border between the living and the still in these works is intriguing. It is fascinating. It is daunting. It makes you think.
In this combination of the “still” and the “alive” joined as one, I try to change the way in which we observe useful tableware. The useful, passive, tableware can now be perceived as an active object, aware of itself and its surroundings – responding to it. It does not allow to be taken for granted, to be used. It decides on its own how to behave in the situation.
This is how I prefer to think about my plates and cups. Metaphorically, of course. What about you… ?
More info: ronitbaranga.com | Facebook

Breakfast

unusual-tableware-creative-dishes-ronit-baranga-1

Hybrid Tea Set

Running Bowls

Self Feeding

Crowd

The Feast

1





  


Baguio City